In order to give you a give you a broader insight and better understanding of your child’s time at Southwest Suburban Montessori, view the October curriculum here.
The for small hands catalog is a great source of obtaining Montessori materials for your home; and the above products are just a few of the staff’s favorites.
When orders over $25 are placed by December 31st, SWSM will receive
10% of the total in merchandise credit. Be sure to include our school
account #119014 when you place your order.
Please join SWSM for a Back to School Potluck Dinner on Tuesday, October 8th, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Bring your favorite dish to share.
- Mingle with other parents and staff.
- Greet old friends and meet new ones!
This is an adult only event.
The children are so happy to be back at school! Welcome to all, new families and those returning. We have an exciting year ahead! The staff and I are eagerly looking forward to providing your child with an outstanding experience here at SWSM by creating a nurturing environment which allows him to thrive.
The extended day kindergartners are settling in to their longer days, lunchtime with friends and a class trip to the apple orchard already. Our preschoolers have adjusted easily to their school routine and the classrooms seem almost normalized. The toddlers love being outside the most, followed by eating snack. They are gradually becoming more comfortable being away from mom while learning all sorts of new skills.
The children enjoyed singing with Miss Angie, who will visit through the year. Spanish, gym and yoga will begin next week; and we’re all looking forward to marching in the Palos Park parade and a field trip to Konow’s Corn Maze in early October.
Get your costumes ready for the Pumpkin Hunt on October 27th as you’ll want to greet all of the ghosts and goblins for this favorite event. Also circle the date of November 16th for our annual dinner and auction, The Harvest Moon Gala. You will not want to miss this special evening. Make sure to check the school calendar for other upcoming happenings here at SWSM.
We’re off to an exciting start!
Join SWSM in the Palos Park Parade on Saturday, September 21st. Wear RED and bring the whole family to the Plush Horse at 10:30 a.m. to line up and then join the fun as we march in the annual parade at 11:00 a.m.
The children enjoy handing out candy almost as much as being in the parade. If you would like to toss candy while walking the parade route, please bring a bag for your family.
Afterwards, spend the afternoon at the Autumn in the Park Festival which will be featuring live music, great food, chili and BBQ cook-off and so much more. This event has something for everyone! For more information, go to Autumn-In-The-Park-Festival.
Great news . . . a family-friendly KidStuff Coupon Book was sent home loaded with hundreds of valuable coupons! Use just a few coupons and save more than the $25 cost of the cook. And a 12-month Coupon App with additional coupons is included with each book! Most coupons are long-term and are valid through December 31, 2020; and SWSM will earn 50% or more profit for every KidStuff book sold.
- To purchase one book, please keep the book sent home and pay $25.
- It’s easy to order additional KidStuff books. For example, if you are purchasing three books, keep the book sent home, order two more books and enclose payment of $75. Any books you order will be sent home.
- KidStuff has 20 fabulous editions. Family, friends and co-workers will love saving with KidStuff! all editions are $25. Editions are listed on the order form, at mykscb.com and on the first page of the KidStuff book. Fill in your money collection envelope with the editions you are ordering.
- Earn free books! You will earn one free book worth $25 for every five books you sell.
- Please make checks payable to Southwest Suburban Montessori School or go to SAPayNow.com/266955 to pay with a credit card.
- Enclose payment of $25 per book in the completed money collection envelope and return it to your child’s teacher by Monday, September 30th.
- This book is NOT a sample book for you to keep. If you do not wish to participate in this fundraiser, please immediately return the KidStuff book in a bag labeled with your child’s name to your child’s teacher.
- If you have any questions, please contact our office at 448-5332 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting our school!
In order to give you a broader insight and better understanding of your child’s time at Southwest Suburban Montessori, view the September curriculum here.
On October 17, 2019, Palos School District 118 will assess developmental skills in the areas of speech and language, fine and gross motor, and cognitive development. The screening is for children ages three through five who reside within the District 118 boundaries. To make a screening appointment, contact the Student Services Department at (708) 761-5807.
Parents and/or physicians who are concerned about physical, language or other delays in children ages birth through three should also contact the Student Services Department.
If you live outside the boundaries of District 118, contact your local school district for consultation.
The Toddler Open House on September 10th is a casual get-together so the children can meet their teachers and spend some time with you in the classroom. Please plan on visiting in order to look around, find the bathrooms and help relieve any apprehensions either of you might have about the “new” place.
- Toddler I 8:15 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- Toddler II 11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 12:15 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Toddler parents, please refer to your paperwork as to your child’s schedule September 10th – 12th.
In order to minimize confusion and maximize the opportunity for your child to become acquainted with the total environment, our school adventures begin with a Preschool Open House on Tuesday, September 3rd:
- West A.M. 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- East A.M. 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- East P.M. 12:45 – 1:45 p.m.
The beginning of the children’s daily experience will begin at a slow pace with 1/3 of each class being added each day:
- September 4th – three-year old children attend class
- September 5th – three- and four-year-old children attend class
- September 6th – three-, four- and five-year-old children attend class
Please note during the first week of school, September 4th – 6th, all classes meet for two hours only:
- West A.M. 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- East A.M. 8:45 – 10:45 a.m.
- East P.M. 12:45 – 2:45 p.m.
Regular class times and Extended Day classes commence on Monday, September 9th.